SeaPort Multiple Award Contracts (MACs) are designed to include all aspects of professional support services (SeaPort-I MAC) and Engineering, Technical, & Programmatic Support Services (SeaPort-e MAC) as required by the Virtual Systems Command, its related Program Executive Offices (PEOs) and field affiliates. These contracts are not intended to nor will they be used to procure any personal services or services which are inherently governmental.
Generally, SeaPort MACs provide vehicles to procure engineering, technical, programmatic, and professional support services for authorized users through all phases of ship and weapon system life cycle - technology development, concept exploration, design, specification development, construction/production, test and evaluation, certification, operation, maintenance, improvement/modernization, overhaul and refueling, salvage and disposal. The scope of the contracts also includes professional support services to assist in the development, review and execution of search and salvage, diving, underwater ship husbandry, and pollution control program areas.
The SeaPort Enhanced (SeaPort-e) MACs contain scope in the 22 areas listed below.
1. Research and Development Support
2. Engineering, System Engineering and Process Engineering Support
3. Modeling, Simulation, Stimulation, and Analysis Support
4. Prototyping, Pre-Production, Model-Making, and Fabrication Support
5. System Design Documentation and Technical Data Support
6. Software Engineering, Development, Programming, and Network Support
7. Reliability, Maintainability, and Availability (RM&A) Support
8. Human Factors, Performance, and Usability Engineering Support
9. System Safety Engineering Support
10. Configuration Management (CM) Support
11. Quality Assurance (QA) Support
12. Information System (IS) Development, Information Assurance (IA) and Information Technology (IT) Support
13. Inactivation and Disposal Support
14. Interoperability, Test and Evaluation, Trials Support
15. Measurement Facilities, Range, and Instrumentation Support
16. Logistics Support
17. Supply and Provisioning Support
18. Training Support
19. In-Service Engineering, Fleet Introduction, Installation and Checkout Support
20. Program Support
21. Functional and Administration Support
22. Public Affairs and Multimedia Support
Support from Sotera under SeaPort-e is available to authorized users in all zones. For information on past task order awards please click here.
Quality Assurance Standards
Sotera Defense Solutions, Inc. has an in-place, registered ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management System (QMS) certified through regular independent audits. On each Seaport-e TO, Sotera implements ISO compliant Quality Assurance (QA)activities to evaluate work products and processes to help identify defects as early as possible and to perform independent monitoring and reporting of quality and performance. Our quality monitoring activities include peer reviews, product audits, and process audits. Our review and audit process provides our program management team with early visibility into status and potential risks and issues.
The essential elements of our QMS is as follows:
Control of Inspection
Inspection and Test Results
Control of Non-Conforming Product
Corrective and Preventive Action
Handling, Storage, Packaging, Preservation and Delivery
Control of Quality Records
Internal Quality Audits
Sotera’s ISO 9001:2008 QMS has been registered since 1998, and has been audited 11 times with no major findings. A current certificate is on file and available upon request.